think in the box
LENTIL AND GROUND BEEF CHILI
This is a great recipe filled with healthy ingredients that is sure to last you or your family for days!
All ingredients can be found at the Hunger and Health Coalition!
1. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and red bell pepper, cook for about 8-10 minutes or until soft and browned. Stir occasionally.
2. Stir in garlic and chili powder. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3. Add lentils, tomatoes, bay leaf and vegetable stock. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer partially covered over medium-low heat for about 30 minutes or until lentils are tender. Remove. from the heat and discard the bay leaf.
4. While the lentils are cooking, in a separate skillet cook the ground beef. After the lentils are cooked add in the ground beef.
5. Stir in the cilantro and serve with a topping of choice and