THINK IN THE BOX
We're heating things up with this one!
If you are looking for something healthy for dinner or a quick lunch, look no further!
Add rice to make the meal a little heavier, or keep it as a salad, the choice is yours!
15 ounces of chickpeas (drained and rinse)
2 heads of broccoli, chopped into florets
3 medium carrots, chopped
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper
2 cups of brown rice (optional)
1/4 cup of natural creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
splash of lime juice or rice vinegar
1 teaspoon minced ginger and a pinch of red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with a Slipat or parchment paper. Place chickpeas, broccoli and carrots on baking sheet. Season with olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
2. Roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through.
3. Meanwhile, cook your grains. We used frozen brown rice which makes life a little easier!
4. Place peanut butter in a medium bowl and microwave for about 20 minutes. Add almond milk, soy sauce, maple syrup, ginger and red pepper flakes and whisk until smooth.
5. Assemble bowls by placing grains at the bottom topped with veggie mixture and PLENTY of peanut sauce!