CHICKPEA VEGGIE BURGER
think in the box
It's starting to feel like summer around here and this fresh summer salad topped with a veggie burger is sure to cool you off!
2 cups of canned chick peas
1 stalk of celery, diced
1 small carrot, grated
1/2 onion, minced
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
1 teaspoon of salt
2 to 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1. First drain the chickpeas and save 4-5 tablespoons of the chickpea liquid.
2. In a food processor, pulse the chickpeas 3 to 4 times. If you don't have a food processor mash the chickpeas with a fork or potato masher. The chickpeas should be crumbled, not mashed.
3. Next put the chickpeas, celery, carrot, onion, garlic powder, flour, salt and pepper into a bowl. Mash well until combined.
4. Add in 1 tablespoon at a time of the chick pea liquid into the patty. This helps to combine everything into a patty!
5. Form patties and place onto a baking sheet. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes or until firm.
6. Heat the oil in the skillet. Place the patties carefully into the skillet. Cut 3-5 minutes on each side until golden.
7. Place on bun or on top of a fresh salad! Dress up however you like or with some fresh taziki sauce!